Meeting the CQC's 5 key lines of enquiry - SAFE
Over the coming months, we will be looking at how Ablyss CMS, and other computerised care management systems, can help you to meet criteria under the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE):
- SAFE: You are protected from abuse and avoidable harm.
- EFFECTIVE: Your care, treatment, and support achieves good outcomes, helps you to maintain quality of life and is based on the best available evidence.
- CARING: Staff involve and treat you with compassion, kindness, dignity, and respect.
- RESPONSIVE: Services are organised so that they meet your needs.
- WELL-LED: The leadership, management, and governance of the organisation make sure it’s providing high-quality care that’s based around your individual needs, that it encourages learning and innovation, and that it promotes an open and fair culture.
Each month we will focus on an individual KLOE, starting this month with ‘SAFE’, examining how you can use Ablyss CMS care home software to meet this criteria when it comes to recording and evidencing the care that you provide.
Safety & security
Computerised care management system safety and security vs. other care management recording methods:
- Secure passwords comply with GDPR.
- System security allows correct documentation to be time and user stamped.
- Individual staff access permissions, and multiple user profile templates, allow you to keep sensitive information restricted at the correct staff level.
- Safeguarding of all data, through Read Only audit trails, allows you to easily see all changes to data and which user performed them.
Point of care recording App
How utilising The CMS App could help you meet SAFE criteria:
- Record care whilst you are with your service user, even without Wi-Fi.
- Continuous access to the latest care plans and assessments.
- Timed alerts help your carers to provide safe and timely delivery of care.
- Photographic evidence of wounds and ongoing treatment can be logged on body map charts.
- Simple to use prompts ensure consistency on your record keeping.
- Visual overviews allow you to see all the latest vital statistic readings, across the home, at once.
Reporting & monitoring
How CMS can help you comply with regards to reporting and monitoring:
- Auditing, Accident, and Incident reports to proactively reduce risk levels throughout the home.
- Easy access to historical assessments allows for a safer and more responsive approach to your residents’ care needs.
- Breakdown analysis of daily care on the shift handover highlights early warning signs of deterioration, helping you to provide swift clinical intervention to protect your residents’ independence and wellbeing.
- A ‘read only’ audit trail safeguards your data, allowing you to see all data entries and changes, who performed them, and when.
For further information on how Ablyss CMS can help you to meet SAFE criteria under the CQC’s KLOE, or if you would like to book your free 30 day trial or demo, please call 01625 535685 or email us at email@example.com.
Article by Sally White
Ablyss Co Founder