Recording visitor COVID-19 vaccine status
From 11th November 2021, care homes will have to check that all persons wishing to enter their premises have received a full course of COVID-19 vaccination, unless they are exempt.
This includes checking health care professionals, CQC inspectors, tradespeople, hairdressers, and beauticians.
This will not include:
- Individuals providing emergency assistance, and members of the emergency services
- Individuals providing urgent maintenance assistance
- Friends or relatives of a resident
- Individuals visiting a resident who is dying, or offering bereavement support
- Under 18s
The requirement only applies in respect of persons entering the inside of the care home premises, and it will be up to the care home to identify the most appropriate procedures to check vaccination status.
The registered person should keep a record of:
- The vaccination or exemption status of staff members and the date that the status was last checked.
- The vaccination or exemption status of those entering the care home, unless exempt, and the date that the status was last checked.
There is no requirement for registered persons to record the clinical reason behind the exemption – they should only record whether a person is medically exempt or not.
At Ablyss CMS, we have created an area where you can record a visitor’s COVID-19 vaccination or exemption status. Please contact our support team, should you require any assistance with this.
If you’re new to Ablyss CMS, and would like further information about our care home software, or to book your FREE 30 day trial or demo, please contact us.
Article by Sally White
Ablyss Co Founder